Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Tararua tramping 27-29 April

Last post 17-04-2007, 4:31 PM by Annabel. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  16-04-2007, 2:06 PM 780

Tararua tramping 27-29 April

Hola everyone!

Because rockcraft II has been rescheduled, I was thinking we could get some quality tramping in amongst the hills of the Northern Tararuas next weekend (but not to Mangahao Flats as we'll be there this weekend!!) There will be a range of fitness levels going so should be an excellent weekend as we don't have any good, hard tramping on the calendar until the end of May (although there are many exciting events going on, notably Bushball!) Drop me an email if you want to know more and I'll have a signup sheet tomorrow night and at the meeting on 24 April.

Chur chur

•  17-04-2007, 4:28 PM 788 in reply to 780

Tararuas 4, Kawekas 1, Ruahines 0...

How bout we go to the ruahines instead? Gourmet makes it the fourth club trip to the tararuas this year but we haven't visited the good old ruahines yet - they'll be missing us!

Having said that, if (i mean when of course!) we make the world cup cricket final I mite have to pike on this one - or take a radio and go to some tops hut with good reception...

Kieran,
    Co-Treasurer
  •  17-04-2007, 4:31 PM 789 in reply to 788

Re: Tararuas 4, Kawekas 1, Ruahines 0...

I actually had been thinking of the Ruahines to start with but thought that might be quite a big drive for just a weekend. Although I guess Northern Tararuas aren't right next door either. Anyway, wherever we go there will be some tremendous tramping after the debauchery of Gourmet this weekend!!!

More details to follow....

View as RSS news feed in XML